Good Days is a non profit organization that helps patients with specific conditions to receive treatment that would otherwise be unaffordable. Good Days has given assistance to over 450,000 patients, and provides four different avenues for assistance.
First, Good Days has a copay assistance program. They will help cover the out of pocket costs for approved medication after your insurance.
Second, they have a travel assistance program. Sometimes the best treatment options are not close to home and require travel. That is where Good Days come in. They will help pay and coordinate your travel accommodations when medically necessary. Third, Good Days offers premium assistance for those who need help paying their monthly medical insurance premiums.
Lastly, they offer diagnostic testing assistance in order to obtain an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Chronic Illnesses Supported by Good Days
Below is a list of diseases that Good Days is currently able to support. The status of each disease may change throughout the year due to funding. These diseases are currently open for individuals to apply for assistance.
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Chronic granulomatous disease
- Chronic iron overload
- Hepatitis C
- HIV, AIDS treatment & prevention
- Macular disease
- Myeloproliferative diseases
- Nephropathic Cystinosis
- Retinal disease
- Urea cycle disease
These diseases are currently closed but is subject to change (may open again in the future based on funding).
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Cytomegalovirus retinitis
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Medullary thyroid cancer
- Metastatic castrate resistant (hormone refractory) prostate cancer
- Metastatic colorectal cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Pancreatic cancer
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Cushing’s disease
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Liver cancer
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Metastatic melanoma
- Multiple sclerosis
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Tuberous sclerosis
How do you know if you are eligible for Good Days assistance:
- Must have a valid social security number and receive treatment within the US
- Income must be at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Line
- Must have insurance that covers at least 50% of the cost of treatment
- Must be diagnosed with a covered disease that is accepting new enrollments
- Must be seeking assistance for a prescribed medication that FDA approved to treat the covered diagnosis.
If you meet the above criteria and believe Good Days may be able to provide you assistance, do not hesitate to call them at 877-968-7233 or visit mygooddays.org. They are there to help.