Are you unsure how to sign up for Medicare?
Here is a simple step by step by step process on how to enroll for Medicare:
- First, go to https://www.ssa.gov
- Click on Medicare Enrollment
- Next click on apply for Medicare only
- Read the Benefits Application Terms of service
Check I understand and agree to the above statements. Then click next.
- Make sure you have the required information on hand to enroll
- Click on start a new application
It will ask you 3 questions to start.
If you do not have a Social Security Account already, it will direct you to a page to create an account.
Once you have created my social security account, you may complete your Medicare enrollment. This process can take 10-30 minutes depending on the complexity of your situation.
If you are unable to enroll online, you can call 1-800-772-1213 Monday thru Friday 7AM-7PM.
When Should you Apply for Medicare?
You should sign up for Medicare 3 months before turning 65 even if you are not ready to start receiving retirement benefits.
Why Apply for Medicare Online?
- Avoid trips to your local Social Security office.
- Complete application at your speed and time.
- Can easily make corrections prior to submission.
- Submit application electronically.
- Check the status of your application online.
If you need help with determining the Medigap policy that fits your needs, please call 1-800-642-3490 and we can help.